Need to feed a crowd? This giant quesadilla will do the trick! It comes together quickly and easily with the help of rotisserie chicken. It is sure to please everyone at your table with it’s cheesy, Tex-Mex flavors! Even better is how completely customizable this recipe can be; feel free to add or omit fillings to meet your taste buds’ desires! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Feeds 4-6 easily
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 large burrito size flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cheddar and/or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- sliced avocado, chopped cilantro and sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush a sheet-pan or cookie sheet with half the melted butter.
- Arrange two tortillas along the long side of the sheet-pan so that half is on the pan and half hangs off. Repeat on opposite side. Similarly, place one tortilla at each of the short ends. Lastly, place one directly in the middle so that the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Sprinkle the covered sheet-pan with half the cheese.
- Next, in a medium sized bowl, toss chicken with taco seasoning to coat and distribute evenly on top of the cheese.
- Spread the green chiles, olives, corn and dollops of salsa over the chicken.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place last tortilla in the center of the pan. Now fold in the tortilla halves hanging over the edges of the pan starting with the short ends and finishing with the long sides.
- Brush with remaining butter and place a second sheet-pan of equal size on top to hold quesadilla together.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until outside is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite toppings including avocado, cilantro and sour cream. Olé!!
*Original recipe adapted from the Pioneer Woman