I received several requests for this recipe after posting pictures on my Instagram. Although I added it to my story, that is now history, so here you go! This is my new and improved version which includes a reduction in the amount of sugar and an increase in the lemony flavor. As with the original recipe, adding protein powder is optional. Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Makes 12 large muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder*
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon extract*
- Line 12 muffin cups with papers and coat lightly with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour through protein powder).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and fold into the dry.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*The protein powder is optional, as is the lemon extract. I just figure, why not make these muffins a little bit healthier by adding more protein… and I Loooovvvveeee anything and everything lemon!!!!
Adapted from Food Network Magazine