I wanted to share this curry recipe specifically on a Friday because it’s quick, easy and totally tasty, making it the perfect meal to celebrate the end of a busy week! What makes it even better, chances are you have most of these ingredients on hand. If not, don’t fret, instead go out and buy them so you do! Because knowing how to make a “curry in a hurry” is essential!
Ingredients: Feeds 2 – 3 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups chopped kale, ribs removed
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice, lime wedges for garnish
- 2 cups cooked rice
- chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onion and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and kale and continue to cook until kale begins to wilt.
- Add curry, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add peanut butter and stir continuously to incorporate.
- Add coconut milk and chickpeas and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Add lime juice and stir.
- Serve over cooked rice with cilantro and lime wedge.
- Sub spinach for kale
- Sub any protein like shredded chicken or tofu for the chickpeas
*Adapted from Cooking Light, Chickpea and Kale Curry