Ask and you shall receive! This is a no brainer family favorite that’s perfect on a cold night and goes great with any kind of potato or even over noodles!! I shared a few pics of this dish on Insta and got several requests for the recipe so here ya go, enjoy!!
- 1 brisket, approx. 2lbs
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 can regular Coke
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Place brisket in a large/gallon size zip lock bag.
- Add onion soup mix and Coke to the bag, try and squeeze out excess air from the bag and then seal.
- Massage meat to dissolve soup mix. Let marinate in the fridge over nite, turning once.
- Place brisket and marinade in your crockpot and cook on LOW for 4 – 6 hours, turning occasionally, until brisket is thoroughly cooked and fork tender.
- Remove brisket from crockpot, place on a cutting board and cover with foil.
- Meanwhile, in a small mug, combine cornstarch and water using a fork. Add to the sauce in your crockpot and turn heat up to High. Stir frequently. Sauce should thicken some.
- Slice brisket against the grain and smother with the delicious au jus you just created!
Original recipe courtesy of @marybethcale ! In her fam, they add ketchup to the crockpot as the meat cooks to help season and thicken the sauce up a bit, go for it!!