Somehow, I didn’t snap a pic of this delicious refreshing drink when I served it last weekend at our family Grad&Dads-day party! So instead, I’ll share a pic of my daughter cutting her cake, lol! Everyone fell in love with this not too sweet, subtly smokey, just the right amount of fruity – cocktail! Make a batch for your next backyard bash and WOW your peeps too! Cheers!!
Ingredients: Serves a large, thirsty crowd!
- 3 plums
- 3 peaches
- 3 apricots
- 3 bottles of your favorite rosé
- 1 cup coconut flavored rum
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 12 – 24 oz of diet ginger ale
- ice for chilling and serving
- Halve the fruit, remove the pits and grill over medium-high heat until skins are lightly charred. Transfer to a cutting board and chop into large pieces.
- Add fruit to a large pitcher or beverage server with a spout. Pour in the rosé and the coconut rum. Add the sugar and mix. Let sit overnight in the fridge, allowing flavors to develop and sugar to fully dissolve.
- Prior to serving fill glasses with ice and add some to your pitcher/container along with 1 – 2 cans of diet ginger ale. I like using diet ginger ale because it adds a little bit of “spice” and some bubbles without making things too sweet.
- Stir, pour and enjoy!!
Adapted from Food Network Magazine