This spicy hearty soup comes together in minutes thanks to prepared kimchi and frozen wontons, but don’t let the ease of prep fool you into thinking it will lack depth! The fresh veggies paired with the flavorful broth created by the kimchi give it that homemade taste you’re craving. Enjoy!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 cups chopped bok choy
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup prepared kimchi, chopped
- 16 oz frozen stuffed wontons (I like pork!)
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan with a lid, heat oil over medium heat until it glistens. Add the mushrooms, shredded carrot and bok choy to the pan. Sauté until bok choy starts to wilt, about 5 minutes.
- Once wilted, add the chicken stock, soy sauce and kimchi and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, add the wontons and cover. Let cook for 3 – 5 minutes until wontons are heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle broth, veggies and wontons into large bowls and serve with toppings including *wonton strips, cilantro and hot mustard or sriracha (if you like more kick)!!
Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens: Soups and Stews