This dish is a casserole keeper, sure to please even the pickiest non-vegetable eater at your table! Fully loaded with broccoli, pasta, cheese and crunch, I’ve added some suggestions but feel free to switch things up and make it your own. Enjoy!!
Ingredients: feeds a crowd!
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I like TJ’s cream of portobello)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix (try Beefy Onion for a boost!)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (I use Taco blend for a kick)
- 1/2 cup fried jalapeño pieces (can be found at TJ’s)
- florets from 2 large broccoli crowns
- 12 oz of your favorite pasta (I like tricolor radiatori)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, save 1 cup of pasta water, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine soup, sour cream, dry soup mix, 1 cup of cheese and 1/4 cup of jalapeño slices. Mix well.
- Fold in broccoli florets and cooked pasta.
- Add small amounts of pasta water if mixture seems overly thick or too pastey.
- Transfer to a 9×13 greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and jalapeño pieces, cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 40 min then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Can be made ahead and cooked day of!