I’ve been making these meatballs for years as an alternative to the traditional Italian style beef meatball we all know and love! They are juicy, flavorful and super simple to prepare. But my favorite thing about making them is deciding what to pair them with… tonight I went with ramen noodles AND seasoned zoodles. So good, so fun!!!
Ingredients: Makes 12 – 14 meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions, chopped (approx. 3 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- canola oil for brushing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the canola oil) in a large bowl and mix well.
- Use an ice cream scoop to remove a small amount of the meat mixture from the bowl and form 1 1/2 inch meatballs with your hands.
- Brush each meatball with canola oil and bake for 13 minutes.
Suggestion: Serve over ramen noodles, seasoned zoodles or fried rice!
*Adapted from Food and Wine, January 2015