I love a cool crisp Rosé on a hot summer day, so when I saw Frosé on the menu at Willa Jean in New Orleans a few weeks ago, I had to give it a try… and I was quickly hooked! We tried to make our own version at the house the following day but we didn’t get it quite right. When I returned home, I did a little research and came upon recipes from Bon Appetit and Real Simple and blended (no pun intended!) the two. The following is my own Frosé concoction!!
- 1, 750ml bottle Rosé, preferably Pinot Noir
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 oz frozen strawberries, defrosted
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- juice from 1 lemon
- Pour wine into shallow 9×13 glass pan and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan dissolve the sugar in water over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Add the defrosted strawberries and let sit 30 minutes until cool.
- Drain the strawberries and set aside, saving the flavored syrup.
- Once rosé is frozen, scrape into a large blender. Add the syrup, lemon juice and ice*. Pulse to desired consistency and serve immediately!
*Add reserved strawberries for a sweeter Frosé!