I’m baaaaack! After two decadent and delicious weeks at the beach, I am in my kitchen and craving all things non-seafood, lol! Saw a recipe similar to this on Insta and decided to simplify it a bit and make it my own, so here goes! Super easy, super tasty and sure to satisfy your need for a (healthier) cheese steak! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Feeds 4 (2 halves each)
- 4 large bell peppers (assorted colors), halved lengthwise, seeded
- 1 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut, seed, rinse and dry peppers.
- Brush each half with olive oil (inside and out). Season the inside of each with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay them cavity side down on a lightly sprayed/greased cookie sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then flip them over using tongs and roast an additional 10 minutes, or until soft but not completely mushy.
- Remove from oven. Carefully (they will be hot) fill each cavity with slices of roast beef; I use approximately 3 thin slices per pepper half. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover each half with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
These stuffed peppers can be made ahead! Roast the peppers and allow them to cool. Stuff each with roast beef and cheese and refrigerate until 15 minutes prior to serving. Remove stuffed peppers from the fridge while preheating oven to 350. Bake for 10 minutes, finish by broiling for 3-5.