This recipe is all my own; created out of love for both macaroni and cheese and my slow cooker! I used chick pea pasta for added protein as well as broccoli to help get more nutrients into my kids! My version of slow cooker mac-n-cheese is super creamy, delicious and sure to please! Enjoy.
Ingredients: Feeds 6 – 8
- cooking spray
- 12 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 8 oz uncooked pasta (I use Banza chick pea pasta)
- 1, 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1/4 lb of butter sliced into 4 – 6 pats
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of paprika
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the frozen broccoli in the bottom then add the pasta.
- Nestle the block of cream cheese in the center and place pats of butter throughout.
- Pour milk and stock over the mixture and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Spread the shredded cheese on top, keeping it from touching the sides of the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 2 – 3 hours or until pasta is cooked to your liking. One hour into cooking, give everything a good stir. Stir once more before serving!
- Chick pea pasta can get mushy… quickly, and in this recipe tends to lose its shape/consistency. If you want your mac to remain intact/whole I suggest you use regular pasta!