This dish was inspired by one of my favorite foodie Instagram-ers and made for the perfect rainy Sunday supper tonight! It takes only minutes to prep, leaving your slow cooker to do all the work. Serve the hearty and flavorful ragú over your favorite pasta with a dollop of herbed ricotta and you’ll wow everyone at your dinner table any night of the week. Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Feeds 4 – 6
- 2 lbs flank steak
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1, 28 oz can chopped tomatoes ( I use fire roasted tomatoes)
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 8 oz chopped carrots (approx. 3 large carrots)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 – 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus extra
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lb of favorite pasta (I use fusilli or pappardelle)
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Rinse and pat dry flank steak. Cut into large chunks with a sharp knife.
- Place steak in the bottom of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the stock. Add garlic, carrots and spices including bay leaves and thyme.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and cook on high for 6 hours.
- While meat cooks, combine the ricotta, parmesan and parsley in a small bowl and mix well. Chill until ready to serve.
- Remove meat from slow cooker using tongs and shred.
- Add honey to the sauce and using an immersion blender, gently purée. Take care, as slow cooker is shallow and sauce will be hot!
- Return shredded meat to the sauce and set slow cooker to the lowest setting.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and prepare pasta of choice according to package directions.
- Serve sauce over pasta with a dollop of herbed ricotta and garnish with additional parmesan.
*Adapted from Pinch of Yum
2 thoughts on “Beef Ragú with Herbed Ricotta”
I made this other day and my family loved it. Adding it to my book of recipes!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love it! Glad it made the cut!!