I love me some Bark this time of year, but then a friend introduced me to Christmas Crack and that’s all she wrote! So for now, it’s move over Bark… there’s a new holiday treat in town! Enjoy and Season’s Eatings!!
- cooking spray
- 50 saltines
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup desired topping (sprinkles, chopped nuts, candy pieces etc.)
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Arrange crackers on the cookie sheet evenly to cover entire surface.
- In a small pot melt the butter then add the brown sugar. Stirring frequently, bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture over the crackers making sure all are coated. Use a rubber spatula to spread if needed, although it will naturally spread while baking.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Pop back into the oven for 2 minutes, allowing chips to melt.
- Remove and spread chocolate over the toffees crackers with your spatula.
- Add toppings and place in the freezer for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Remove, crack into desired bite sized pieces.
- Store in an airtight container, preferably in the refrigerator.
- I used white chocolate vs. regular for the Christmas Crack pictured.
- I also used a mixture of unsweetened shredded coconut and sprinkles as my topping of choice!
*Original recipe adapted from iheartnaptime.net