Kill two birds with one stone when you feed your peeps this delicious cheesesteak sammie that tastes like it’s straight outta Phillie but looks more like a Sloppy Joe! The best part is that your slow cooker does all the work so you don’t have to; and I made it even easier for myself by using frozen, diced green pepper and onion! You can prep this dish before work in under 15 minutes, turn it on Low and Slow and come home to a tasty, toasty, beefy, cheesy (you get the idea) meal that the whole family will devour! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Makes 6 – 8 sammies
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus extra
- 8 round sandwich style buns, toasted
- Brown ground beef in a skillet on your stovetop.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. Transfer meat over using a slotted spoon to drain the fat.
- Add the diced green pepper, onions and mushrooms. Pour in the beef stock, Worcestershire and ketchup and fold to combine. Add the corn starch and seasonings and mix well.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 – 6 hours. Mix in the cheese just prior to serving. Divide cheesesteak mixture evenly among the bun bottoms. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired!
*Recipe adapted from slowcookergourmet.com