I have to share this recipe because these muffins are amazing! I am not known for scratch baking and this is no exception; as a base I used Kodiak Cakes brand Double Dark Chocolate flap jack/waffle mix. I get it at my local food store and have also found it at Target. The mix alone is protein fortified and made with whole grains. I follow the muffin recipe on the box and then add some other stuff to kick it up a notch! These fully loaded muffins are great morning, noon and night; as a start to your day, an afternoon pick me up or as a semi-sweet and healthy finish! And the best part is… they’re good for you! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Double Dark chocolate mix
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate mini chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12 count muffin tin with papers or grease generously with cooking spray.
- Combine the baking mix, brown sugar, bananas, milk, butter and egg. Mix well using a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Fold in the chips, nuts, coconut and seeds.
- Divide the batter evenly among the lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After they cool, store in an air tight container for up to 5 days (if they last that long)!