Y’all know by now I don’t bake from scratch (we can discuss why not, another day…) and today was no exception! While running on my treadmill this morning, I was conjuring up what I wanted to eat for breakfast afterwards, and for some reason muffins came to mind?! For these Everything Muffins I used my go-to baking mix by Kodiak Cakes; Cinnamon Oat Flapjack and Waffle mix. I love Kodiak Cakes brand because of the added protein and whole grain ingredients. I used the muffin recipe from on the box and to it added a bunch of yummy treats to meet my cravings. I think you’ll agree, there’s a little bit of “everything” going on here! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups Cinnamon Oat baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- handful of shredded carrot
- unsweetened coconut flake as topping
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 12-muffin tin with papers or grease generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix the first six ingredients together, baking mix – bananas.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients except the coconut.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 wells. Top each with a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut flake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If coconut topping starts to get too toasty, drape a piece of tinfoil over the top.
- Let cool before removing/serving and enjoy!
These are best kept in the refrigerator! They can be microwaved for 20-30 seconds to take the chill off or popped in the toaster before serving.