Whether this is a breakfast indulgence or a sweet treat after a savory supper… these overnight chia pudding jars are guaranteed to wow the lemon-lover in your life!
Ingredients: Makes enough to fill 4, 8 oz mason jars
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use 0% fat)
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- zest and juice from one large lemon
- chopped nuts (walnuts or sliced almonds work well)
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the nuts and coconut.
- Divide mixture evenly among your mason jars. Seal and let sit overnight in the fridge.
- Top with a sprinkling of chopped nuts and coconut flakes before serving. Enjoy!!
This is lemon lovers dream come true! My husband describes it as tasting like guiltless Lemon Meringue Pie! You can adjust the intensity of the lemon flavor by increasing or decreasing the amount of zest/juice you add. Take note, the pudding isn’t super sweet; you could also increase sweetness if desired by adding more syrup. Lastly, you could prepare/serve this in any kind of dish if you don’t have access to jars; stemless wine glasses would work or even a simple bowl. Enjoy!!
*Adapted from wholefoodbellies.com