Who can resist a protein muffin that tastes like a dessert?! I took my all time favorite protein enriched muffin recipe and gave it a bit of an upgrade by adding cheesecake filling. Sure, its adds a few calories but it’s worth it!! Delight in these decadent muffins for breakfast or as a late night snack. Go ahead, with everything happening all around us, you deserve to treat yourself! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Makes 1 dozen muffins
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Double Dark Chocolate Baking Mix*
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- cooking spray or muffin papers
- dark chocolate chips (topping)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup freeze dried raspberries, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350, coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or papers and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine filling ingredients and blend with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Divide batter among the 12 muffin cups. Place a generous dollop of filling on top of each. Sprinkle with a few extra chips if desired.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before serving, refrigerate to store.
*If you don’t have Kodiak Cakes Double Dark Chocolate baking mix on hand, here’s my recommendation for a substitute: 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder of choice, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips