If you like Indian spices like garam masala and turmeric, combined with the sweetness of ginger and the tang of fresh lime, then you’ll love this weeknight sheet pan tandoori style dish! Chock full of bitey roasted veggies and cubes of seasoned tofu this is a healthy, homemade and hearty meal. Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Feeds 2 – 3 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, plus wedges
- 1 large head broccoli, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, thickly sliced
- 1, 14-16oz package extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small pan over medium-low heat, heat oil and add chili powder, garam masala, turmeric, garlic and ginger. Stir frequently and cook until fragrant, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the seasoned oil from the pan with the yogurt and season with salt and pepper and mix well. Remove 1/4 of the yogurt mixture and place in a small bowl and whisk in the lime juice.
- Add the broccoli spears and red pepper slices to the medium bowl and toss with sauce to coat. Transfer veggies to the cookie sheet.
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes and add to the medium bowl. Fold gently to coat with the remaining sauce and then transfer to the cookie sheet.
- Season everything with another sprinkle of salt and pepper and then bake for 15 – 20 minutes until broccoli begins to get crispy, peppers start to soften and tofu browns.
- Divide among bowls and drizzle reserved sauce over top. Serve immediately with lime wedges and fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Sub a pound of your favorite protein (like chicken or shrimp) in place of tofu.
- Serve over top your favorite noodle or rice.
- Add a few handfuls of cubed potatoes to the veggie mixture prior to baking.
Adapted from Eating Well Magazine.