These protein packed morsels are great to have on hand when you’re in a rush and looking for a nutritious snack that both fuels and satisfies! I’ve included substitutions you can try and use to create your own yummy bites!
Ingredients: Makes approx. 2 dozen bites
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sun butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp Q’ia (chia, buckwheat, hemp seed cereal)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until fully combined. If mixture appears dry, add more sun butter, 1 tsp at a time and pulse to blend.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Line a storage container with parchment. Form balls from the mixture using approximately 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture for each ball. If stacking the balls, use parchment between layers so the balls don’t stick to each other.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator until gone.
Substitutions: Any type of nut butter would work to bind the ingredients, such as peanut or almond butter. Any of the mix-ins could be swapped out as long as you stay true to quantities and relative consistencies. If you can’t find Q’ia (I happened to have it on hand) you could simply use hemp or chia seeds.
*Adapted from Trisha’s Southern Kitchen