I’m obsessed with egg cups! I make a batch at least once a week, filling them with whatever I have on hand! They are quick and easy to make, and reheat in the microwave in just 30 seconds. They are a delicious last minute breakfast “grab and go”! Give ’em a try for sure!!!
Ingredients: Makes 6 egg cups, can be stored in fridge up to 3 days.
- 6 large eggs
- splash of milk
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of your favorite filling
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crack and wisk together eggs and splash of milk in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Generously grease 6 cups of a muffin tin using cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup approximately 2/3 full with the egg mixture.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of your filling taking care so your cups don’t overflow.
- Carefully transfer muffin tin to oven and bake in the center for 12-15 minutes. Egg cups will rise a bit. They are done when the center no longer looks wet.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from the tin. I use a butter knife and circle around each cup before attempting to remove.
- Diced ham, tomatoes, bell pepper and cheddar
- Chopped spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled breakfast sausage (previously cooked)
- Chopped mushrooms and onions (previously sautéd) and shredded Monterey Jack cheese