These muffins are healthy, filling and super tasty! And what’s even better, they require only one kitchen tool; your blender or food processor. What’s better than a quick, easy and “fit” breakfast option?! Thank you Dina, for passing the recipe along!
- 2 cups oats
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper baking cups and grease lightly with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except the walnuts. Blend/process on high for 2-3 minutes (until oats are broken down), stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides and stir contents.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Divide batter among the 12 muffin cups. They should be approximately 3/4 full. Top each with a sprinkle of chopped walnuts if desired.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before storing in the refrigerator or freezing.
Suggestion: You can mix in any favorite nut, dried fruit or candy chip in place of the walnuts.
*Original recipe courtesy of Well Plated