After watching an episode of Rachel Ray in a doctor’s waiting room, I was inspired to create my own version of her Mediterranean Chicken Salad which uses Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise as the binding ingredient. This chicken salad is light on calories but full on flavor; a few that might even surprise you! Lighten up and go for it!
- 1, 3-4 lb rotisserie chicken, picked and cubed
- 1/2 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup green grapes, sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix using a rubber spatula. Season with salt and pepper as desired!
- Add more yogurt if you like your chicken salad to be more moist.
- Substitute red grapes for green grapes.
- Try using pecans or even cashews, just remember to toast them first to release their natural oils and full flavors!
- Spice it up a notch and add more sriracha!!