This is a semi-homemade, one skillet, made in under 30 minutes masterpiece that will wow everyone at your dinner table! Simple shortcuts make is quick and easy while still maintaining authentic flavors and textures. This will make you feel like it’s Sunday at Grandma’s (when it’s only Wednesday night)!
Ingredients: Feeds 6 – 8
- 18 – 24 prepared meatballs (I used Shady Brook Farms All Natural Turkey meatballs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1, 15 oz can diced tomatoes, do not drain!
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1, 25 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 16 oz mini gnocchi potato pasta
- 8 oz burrata, chunked
- In a large, shallow, enamel coated saucepan with lid, heat the oil over low – medium heat. Add the meatballs and brown them for about 5 minutes. Remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion and garlic until soft and then add the tomato paste. Mix in the diced tomatoes and spices and let simmer for a few minutes allowing flavors to develop. Add the marinara, mix well and allow it to heat up.
- Next, add the uncooked gnocchi to the sauce and stir to distribute them evenly. Add the meatballs back in, nestling them evenly as well. Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring gently half way through.
- Turn heat off and right before serving, drop the chunks of burrata into the mixture, in and around the meatballs and gnocchi. Close the lid one more time and allow them to melt, taking approximately 2 – 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately in bowls with crusty bread and a green salad.