This crock pot curry is a no-brainer; throw everything in, turn it on and walk away! Your house will smell amazing and dinner will be on the table in a few short hours. It’s the perfect Monday Night meal or whenever the weather calls for warm and cozy curry!
Ingredients: Feeds 4 – 6
- cooking spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chunked
- 2/3 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 8 oz baby spinach
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1, 15 oz can lite coconut milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- lime wedges
- Spray inside of your slow cooker or Crock Pot with cooking spray.
- Add the sweet potatoes and lentils to the pot. Cover with spinach, sprinkle jalapeño over the top.
- Place the chicken thighs on the bed of spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients including the coconut milk, chicken stock, curry paste, garlic and ginger. Next, the pour mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, stirring contents half way through cooking time. Reduce heat to LOW, stir once more and cook for another hour.
- Taste, adjust seasonings if needed. Serve as is or over white rice with fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedges!
*Adapted from Paula’s Pantry, “Chicken, Spinach and Lentil Coconut Curry”