Can’t decide between chicken or shrimp tonight… how about both?! These grilled chicken and shrimp kababs with pineapple are sure to please. They pack a little heat with the addition of chili powder and red pepper flake, but it pairs nicely with tangy lime and cooling cilantro! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Makes 10 – 12, 12 in kababs, feeds 4 – 6 people
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1/2 small bunch cilantro, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch red pepper flake
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pineapple, chunked
- Rinse chicken, pat dry and cut into bite size pieces. Rinse shrimp, remove tails. Combine both in one medium sized bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl whisk together lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, spices and olive oil.
- Pour vinaigrette over chicken and shrimp and toss to coat. Let marinate 30 minutes.
- To assemble the kababs, start by threading a pineapple chunk, followed by a piece of chicken and then a shrimp. Continue along the length of each skewer leaving about 1/2 an inch at the ends for handling. Repeat until all ingredients are utilized, then discard vinaigrette.
- Coat grill with spray or oil to avoid sticking. Grill kababs over medium heat for 6 – 8 minutes (flipping them halfway) or until shrimp are opaque and chicken is firm.
- Serve kababs alongside a hearty pasta salad like my Mediterranean Orzo Salad.
*Original recipe adapted from aberdeenskitchen.com, shared via Dina C.