Made this for our neighborhood Fourth of July gathering in our cul-de-sac. We are so fortunate to have great neighbors who are more like friends and family than simply people living in close proximity! This is an easy pasta salad with a mediterranean twist, perfect for sharing and feeding a small crowd! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Feeds 8-10
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1, 15oz can artichokes hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 8 oz mozzarella pearls (or feta, cubed)
- 6 tbsp prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus additional if needed)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain/rinse with cold water and set aside to partially cool.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, combine the artichokes, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and mozzarella.
- Once pasta has cooled some, toss it in a large bowl with the prepared pesto, olive oil and vinegar to coat. Gently fold in the artichoke mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let chill at least 30 minutes. Toss before serving and season with additional salt/pepper/oil if needed.
*Adapted from Pioneer Woman Magazine
2 thoughts on “Pasta Salad with Pesto”
Pesto pasta salad looks delicious! Try it with cheese tortellini. Also great for a bbq. Great blog!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great idea!!! Thanks!