In case you can’t tell, I’m obsessed with Kodiak Cakes products, especially their flapjack mixes! I use them more for making muffins than I do for pancakes or waffles! What I love about these products is that they are made with whole grains and fortified with added protein. For example, these muffins pack approximately 8-10 grams of protein each*, making them a great grab and go in the morning or the perfect afternoon pick me up! My favorite thing though is their versatility; the mixes serve as a great blank canvas to which you can add and create your own unique muffins. Last week I added pepitas, white chocolate chips and Himalayan sea salt to mimic a cookie I recently fell in love with. This week I added freeze dried raspberries, coconut and dark chocolate chips to mimic a decadent dessert I’ve been dreaming about. Either way, these muffins are healthier than their cookie and cake inspirations while allowing you to indulge and satisfying your cravings. Enjoy and keep me posted if you get crafty in your kitchen with Kodiak!!
Ingredients: Makes 12
- 2 cups Kodiak Brand Dark Chocolate Flapjack Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup freeze dried raspberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- coconut flake for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients; baking mix through chia seeds.
- Fold in the mix-ins including the chocolate chips, raspberries and shredded coconut.
- Line a 12 muffin tin with papers and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Fill each well 3/4 full and top with a few flakes of coconut.
- Bake 18 – 23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.