An Instagram follower (you know who you are;) asked me to post this recipe, so here it is! It’s the perfect homage to summer!! Enjoy!
Ingredients: Feeds 2 – 4
- 4 cups torn kale, ribs removed (I use organic red leaf)
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- seeds from 1/2 a pomegranate
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- In a large serving bowl, mix torn kale with lemon juice and salt. Massage kale with your hands to tenderize it.
- Drizzle massaged kale with olive oil and season with fresh cracked pepper.
- Toss kale with strawberries, blueberries, and pomegranate seeds.
- Top with goat cheese crumbles and almonds.
Add protein to this salad to make it a complete meal! I’ve used grilled teriyaki pork loin but I think blackened chicken, salmon or even shrimp would pair nicely!