Got a new square muffin tin and decided to create a special new muffin recipe to test it out! These carrot cake muffins take on a tropical twist with the addition of pineapple and coconut. They are super moist, protein packed and can be served for breakfast, as a snack or even for dessert! And as usual, they were made with Kodiak Cakes brand flapjack mix. Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Cinnamon Oat flapjack mix
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (I use a stevia/brown sugar blend)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray or line with papers.
- Combine the flapjack mix, brown sugar, milk, oil, egg and spices and mix well.
- Mix in the crushed pineapple.
- Fold in the carrot, coconut, raisins and walnuts.
- Evenly distribute the batter among the wells of your muffin tin. Bake for 18 – 23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing muffins from the tin. Store in an airtight container.
2 thoughts on “Tropical Carrot Cake Muffins”
If I only have the butter milk Kodiak cakes, will that work
Sure! May want to add a little cinnamon to the batter to better mimic the original mix. Let me know how they turn out!!