This is one of my go-to appetizer dips because it’s easy to make and is a crowd favorite! Sometimes I sub chopped spinach for either the artichokes or the crab depending on who I’m feeding. You can make this dip your own by adding whatever you like once you’ve made the “base” in Step 1. No matter which direction you choose to take, try the original version first because I think you’ll agree, it belongs in everyone’s recipe book! Enjoy!!
- 1, 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- few grinds of fresh black pepper
- 1, 14oz can of artichokes in water, drained and quartered
- 8oz lump crab meat, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Panko style bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl, blend together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheeses, garlic and pepper using a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the quartered artichokes and the crab meat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add bread crumbs. Toast until slightly golden over low-medium heat. Remove from heat, add the Old Bay and mix.
- Transfer crab and artichoke mixture to an oven safe dish. Top with seasoned breadcrumbs and cover loosely with foil. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 – 10 more minutes until crumbs brown and dip bubbles.
- Let cool for a few minutes; dip with be red hot! Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with your favorite crackers!