School is back in session and so is Sunday afternoon meal prep! Check out these easy and super tasty baked, not fried chicken tenders which can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for several days. My kids take them in their lunch boxes or eat them as an afternoon snack and dip them in ranch dressing ! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: Makes 8 – 12 tenders
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp EBTB seasoning*, plus extra
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray rack with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, rinse and pat dry the chicken tenders. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo and mustard. Add the chicken and use tongs to toss and coat each piece.
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and the 2 tbsp of EBTB seasoning.
- Using a fork, take each tender and dredge through the breadcrumbs mixture coating each side. Place tenders on the wire rack. Lightly spray tenders with cooking spray and sprinkle with additional seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn tenders, spray other side lightly with spray and sprinkle with seasoning. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove tenders from rack once cool and store in a sealed container in your fridge.
- To reheat, I prefer to use my toaster oven to maintain their crunchy texture, rather than my microwave which make the chicken rubbery and the coating mushy.
- *EBTB Seasoning by Trader Joes is a must! If you don’t already have it in your spice cabinet, you need to go out right now and get it! (I am NOT a paid spokesperson, I just love the stuff!!)