Quick, easy and tasty; this deconstructed egg-roll / stir-fry will become a weeknight staple in your house, no doubt! Try substituting ground chicken or even pork for the beef and lighten things up. Tastes just like take out but you get all the credit, enjoy!!
Ingredients: Feeds 4 – 6
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1, 14 oz bag coleslaw mix (or small head of green cabbage, shredded)
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger and set aside.
- Once beef is just about browned, season with half the sauce and add the green onion and carrots. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes until carrots begin to soften.
- Add the cabbage and the rest of the sauce to the pan. Mix well and cook an additional 2 minutes until cabbage begins to wilt.
- Serve atop brown rice and top with toasted sesame seeds and a side of duck sauce.